At LoyalShops, we use Google Sheets for importing. If you do not have access to google sheets, you can send you list to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we can import it for you. If you are trying to import a list for Texting specifically, follow our Text Import Instructions in the Texting section.
Importing Customers into LoyalShops from a list of customers you already have.
1) Open up a new browser TAB and type in Sheets.google.com to open up Google Sheets.
2) Hit the big PLUS button to create a new Blank Sheet or hit the File Folder (highlighted yellow with the red arrow), to load an existing spreadsheet / csv file into Sheets.
3) We import Name, Phone & Email. Make sure your Import list has at minimum of an email or phone per entry. If your name entry just is one column for first and last name, label that column "name". If first name and last name are in separate columns, label them respectively "firstname" & "lastname". Label the phone column "phone" and the email column "email" Then give your sheet a name like below (MyCustomersDate).
4) Click the Green Spreadsheet Icon in the top left corner to save the spreadsheet.
5) Log into LoyalShops and go to the Customer Dashboard.
6) Choose the "Import" button
7) You may need to Login Google (and turn off any pop-up blockers)
8) Follow the Steps in our Importer. You should see your sheet you created is listed, if not, use the drop down to find and select it.
9) Choose Begin Importing. Review the 5 sample data that is shown and ensure you recognize that data as the first 5 records in your spreadsheet. If it doesn't look right, don't import it.
10) You should now see your customers have been imported. If you included email addresses, it make take up to approx. 30 minutes for us to validate the email addresses.